We are currently looking for a Level Designer to work on our upcoming projects with Unreal Engine. You will be responsible for all aspects of world and content creation, from the initial design phase, white boxing and first playable, through to the final polish phase. This role will have frequent communication and interaction with the lead level designer, lead game designer, environment artists, and gameplay programmers.
- Preparing paper macro and micro level design and mission document drafts.
- Designing, prototyping, iterating on and polishing the in-game part of the open world including missions, enemy encounters, and other gameplay elements, using the Unreal Engine 4 tools and blueprint system.
- Collaborating with game designers to ensure that the level design contributes to and enhances the gameplay.
- Collaborating with environment artists on crafting spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition form memorable experiences.
- Collaborating with narrative designers to provide unique and immersive gaming experiences
- Conducting play-testing sessions and gathering feedback and action points to refine the levels and gameplay. Taking part in other play-testing sessions, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine-tune and improve the game.
- 2+ years’ experience at a game studio working as a level designer or mission designer.
- Experience with 3D engine game editors.
- Experience with open world games.
- Ability to create map layouts at all stages – from simple drawings to fully functional world locations in at least one of the existing game engines.
- Ability to design missions – from the concept phase to polish and debug – through an iterative process based on playtests feedback
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
Not required, but a huge plus:
- Experience with Unreal 4 tools and blueprint system.
- Shipped at least 1 title as a level designer.
In this role, you will report directly to the lead level designer
Please include examples of previous work done in your application.