FEAR is upon you and bears the gift of more content.
The Pit is dominated by deep canyons and POIs to explore. Central point is a refinery which is located in the middle of the map, as well as some minor POIs hidden in the canyon. It also features new gathering areas you can make use of. But being the farthest region from your refuge, you need to equip the best gear you can muster.
Gani and Ezra join the fold. Ezra, called “The Alchemist” managed to survive for a very long time, despite the harsh conditions. That is partly thanks to his widespread knowledge of every plant and herb that can still be found in the icy cold.
Gani, the Survivor, is determined to reverse the Eclipse’s devastating effects on the planet. Ready to take on any task, Gani expects the same of everyone else. Likewise, Gani won’t hesitate to call out faults in camp leadership when she sees them.
You can find her in the world and defy her challenge to recruit her into your camp. Ezra, however, will approach your refuge on his behalf if certain conditions are met.
Our Tech-Artists and VFX Artists did a tremendous job to introduce a new threat into the game. The snow tornado roams the canyons of The Pit and forces you to be extremely careful when you explore the new area.
New Refuge Upkeep System:
We implemented a new upkeep system for the refuge. From now on, your followers in the camp are affected by the amount of firewood and food you have stored in the refuge. They also start to use resources that are stored in the refuge stash. The amount of resources being used depends on the number of followers, the constructed buildings, and if a follower is in the camp. Followers on expeditions do not use resources in the camp. Followers on gathering runs (e.g., hunting) are considered “in the camp”. Now you must ensure a steady supply of food and wood, so make sure to put your followers to work.
Change-Log Build [1.0.885]
- New region: The Pit
- New follower Gani, the Survivor.
- New follower Ezra, the Alchemist.
- Implemented snow tornado in The Pit.
- New resource upkeep system in the refuge.
- Reverse finisher animations and mechanic for monsters.
- fixed: In The Wreck region, the player can reach outside playable area.
- fixed: Character never dies of deprivation if one cold shard is picked up.
- fixed: Missing gamepad focus in the options menu.
- fixed: Pressing ESC in recruitment events scenes destroys dialogs.
- fixed: Followers not fighting raid monsters.
- fixed: Progressing through the game resets follower’s status (making them unrecruitable for example).
- fixed: Player can reach outside playable area.
- fixed: The game might freeze when attempting to rest.
- fixed: Unable to sprint when the character locked on a target.
- fixed: Character may remain stuck after rolling & drawing a melee weapon.
- fixed: Two outposts not considered indoors.
- fixed: Various invisible collisions
- fixed: Lumberyard invisible collision.
- fixed: Access to restricted gameplay area.
- fixed: Main menu items missing after coming back from the options menu.
- fixed: In some cases, if you are dying during the Vic recruitment, multiple monsters can spawn.
- fixed: Exploit where the player could discover the world by exploiting a bug in the construction menu.
- fixed: In rare cases, a follower may remain stuck in sliding animation after being damaged in combat.
- fixed: In rare cases, the player character may not be able to move after the revival.
- fixed: Debug sphere with no gameplay impact visible in The Prairie.
- Corruption roots/tentacles are not recognized by monsters and followers.
- Localization: Non-English languages are still missing translations for dialogues.
- Localization: Gender-sensitive languages are still missing the proper forms. For now, it is recommended to play in English.
- Region names, player feedback about follower activities, some mission names, some reworked interactibles, and new or reworked menu items have not been localized, will show up in English.
- Fog of war on the map currently has visual artifacts depending on camera position.
- Event log temporarily deactivated.
- In rare cases the Impaler Guardian from the NW Outpost may be invisible.
- The game may become unresponsive if “ALT+TAB” combination is pressed during the loading screen.
- In some cases, the Gani recruitment event will break if you enter the shelter before she does.
- Workaround: Leave the event area and restart the event. Make sure you enter the shelter AFTER Gani.
- Dependent on snow height the tools in the Gani recruitment event are not visible because they are buried in the snow. They still get highlighted if you place the cursor above them.
- Gani’s recruitment is reset every time players pick up the items on the altar. That causes Gani to vanish from The Refuge and reappearing at the recruitment scene.
- When cutting a tree, wait for the trunk to completely coming to a stop. “Ninja Looting”, i.e. looting the tree when it’s still falling, will result in the player model getting stuck in the tree trunk.